Sometimes what you need is a quick and easy meal that brings joy when you think about eating it. Tonight we felt like noodles, as it was the first time we have made them, we thought we would share the recipe, named after the town where we first enjoyed them.
Also note these meals are to be enjoyed by two adults and six hungry children. You can adjust to suit for any number of people.
- 15 Packets of Instant Noodles with no seasoning
- 2 Cans of chicken or tuna
- 1 Onion
- 4 Cloves of Garlic (adjust as needed, we had two children with runny noses, so we added a little more)
- Small Amount Ginger
- Dribble Olive Oil
- 2 Liters of Water
- 2 Pak Choy or Bok Choy
- Crush and roughly chop the Garlic and Ginger. Slice the Onion into strips.
- Put a dash of olive oil into a pan and put the Garlic, Ginger and Onion into a pan on low until they are browned.
- Add the two cans of chicken or tuna. Use Sweet Chilli flavoured chicken to add extra spice. Turn up the stove to give it more heat.
- Pour in the water. We needed about 3/4 full so when we added the noodles it would mostly cover them.
- As the water heats cut up the Bok Choy and add that into the pot.
- Add the noodles, enough to fill the pot.
- Bring water to the boil and cook the noodles.
Once served, stand back because the hungry hordes come flocking in for their feed.
The wonderful thing about this dish, is that we used half of the noodles for the first serve, so we just topped up the pot and kept on cooking.
- To the left over soup add more Garlic and Ginger.
- Add more water and another can of Chicken, if you have it.
- Tell the hungry children that seconds will be ready soon.
- More Noodles into the pot.
- As it slowly cooks on the small portable fire, tell the children it will be ready soon.
Again serve and watch them disappear.